Pages

Amber

I'm 21. I'm a part-time cosmetology student, I also work full-time. I'm pretty lazy, and don't lift my fingers to do many things in my free time, except to decorate their tips =]

This blog is to document my progress, as I continue to try new things with my nails as much as possible.

I am in no way affiliated with the brands of products that I review on here, I just really love shopping.

Questions? nevernakednails3@gmail.com I'm also on facebook

Monday, July 9, 2012

I got a Liebster=]



The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The Meaning; Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.

I'm really glad this has nothing to do with the Biebster.
Hey everyone!  I just found out I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Hayley from Makeup Movies and More! I'm so excited!  A great big thank you to Hayley=]  If anyone isn't checking out her blog, you need to be! She's a fellow product junkie like me, and writes reviews on all the stuff she buys (sound familiar?) Anyway, she's great, and she just had her 100 followers giveaway! It's over, but I swear it was the neatest giveaway I've seen, all three prizes had assortments of false eyelashes that Katy Perry just came out with=]

1. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs.

Hayley's questions:

What are you top make up tips?
Are you ready for this? 1. Always wash your face before bed, I don't care if you were lazy and didn't wear makeup! 2. If I hear another complaint about foundation, concealer, etc. from someone who IS NOT wearing primer, I'm gonna yell! 3. Q-tips were just made for you, remember that. 4. Eventually, you're probably going to have to learn how to use liquid eyeliner. 5. Pluck, wax, comb, trim, fill in, do what you have to, but those eyebrows aren't going to groom themselves, ladies. 6. Before you put on any sort of lipstick/gloss/pencil/stain please please exfoliate and moisturize. 7. If you're having a bad day, go get your hair cut.  Seriously. 8. At least once every couple weeks...do them toes.  They want it, and you know it! 9.Probably the MOST important: Blending. oh my god. It's so simple. Blend everything. foundation, concealer, eyeshadow, blush, bronzer, all of it.

What is your favourite colour?
Green has always been at the top of the list, but I'm not opposed to most colors.

What are your top 3 must have beauty products?
Wow.. Well if I had to narrow it down, I would definitely want Clinique's gel moisturizer for oily/combo skin because it soaks up fast, and it's gentle enough that I can use near my eyes without burning.
then eyeliner.  Right now I love my Loreal felt precision tip liquid in carbon black. Gotta have my cat eyes.
And then I suppose my concealer, from Minerologie.  When it's blended it doesn't crease, and it doubles as an eye primer! It keeps my eyeshadow/liner all day long.  It is a tad too light to wear just on its own, so I normally do have to blend it into my tinted moisturizer/foundation whatever I'm wearing that day.

What is your favourite movie?
The Rocky Horror Picture Show.  The other day I saw Bridesmaids and that is definitely tied with Ted. I'd have to really think about the rest in my top five..

Who is your fashion icon?
Not just one..Bettie Page, Marilyn Monroe, and depending on the day I'm inspired by different retro pin-ups. And Katy Perry.

If you had 3 wishes, what would they be?
To just have good health, for me and my family.
To be able to destroy spiders with my mind. Flies too.
and really great cars according to ratings of safety/awesomeness for my boyfriend and I.

What is the colour scheme in your bedroom?
oh well..our walls throughout the house are mostly neutral colors, and our curtain is dark brown (it's one of those that keeps the sunlight out) and then our bedding changes, from purple/lime to yellow/assorted...eh.

What beauty chore do you least enjoy?
Shaving.  But that's because I really really have tons of phobias about germs, and especially shower germs.  I never store my razors in the shower, and I'm always really careful about drying them and storing them in dry places, but then that leads me to wonder about my shower scrubbie thing and if I should store it out of the shower as well and god that'd just be a hassle...So then I think of something else.

Who do you think is the biggest Fashion Offender in the public eye today?
OOooh...I think as long as she's around, it'll always be Snooki.  You can try to say Helena Bonham Carter but...I beg to differ.  She's gothy-tim burtony.  You just have to love her in a different way than a Kardashian.

What would be your dream holiday/vacation?
I would love to go anywhere, but I really love Australia.  Mostly, I love how people sound when they talk in Australia.

What made you decide to start blogging?
I'd been on blogger just trolling a buncha awesome blogs and doing my nails allll the time and taking pictures like they did, and I realized what did it even matter if I didn't start storing the pictures somewhere, listing what I had used, and more importantly, my thoughts on what I'd done?  It just went from there.  I normally only get a couple of comments on a post, but that's perfectly fine by me.  While I do like having followers, it does add to the fun, it's just not what it's all about.  In the end this is my virtual scrapbook of nails and cosmetics.

Questions:
1.What is your blog about, and why?
2.How old are you?  This mostly applies to how old you feel.
3.Would you please tell me a short story of the last time you really really had some absolute fun in your life?
4.Where are your favorite places to shop, and what are your favorite brands of things to buy?
5.Do you have any crafty hobbies, or something you're just good at?
6.What did you expect to be doing at this time, five years ago?
7.If you use youtube, what types of videos do you watch the most?
8.What is the song(s) that you must play full blast, windows down, belting it out, don't nobody better get in your way, driving down the road?
9.Kids?
10.Best day ever?
11.Who taught you to do something you really like doing?

So I'm doing it a little different, I have a little more than 11 bloggers listed, but that's because you can't tell me to just pick one! or 11...These bloggers are really great, you should check em out! Most of these I've not only followed and like their posts but have commented back and forth with.  Not on a regular basis or anything, but still.  There were other people I would've liked to have listed here lol but it's actually hard to find people with less than 200 followers...Anyway, I hope you guys answer these and share the love=]

13 comments:

  1. Thank you for tagging me. AS soon as I have time I well do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow! Thanks so much. I'll start working on the quesstions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Youre welcome ill be on the lookout for your answers!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you did this :) Thanks for the shout out, I appreciate it! :)
    I loved reading your answers! Your style of writing is so funny...I love it. Helena Bonham Carter does irk me, but I'm not sure its the way she dresses as much as its her voice and my jealousy that she's in all of Tim Burtons movies
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for doing this i really had fun coming up with questions lol omg i know its just like johnny depp but its hard to be mad at him.

      Delete
  4. Heeeeey! Thank you a lot for nominating me :D That makes me soooo happy! I hope to answer the questions anytime soon! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just finished! Whew! That was a lot of hard work, but worth it! Thanks again! I wrote a nice paragraph about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, youre so kind;) i think you deserve another award for those awesome answers lol

      Delete
  6. Congratulationa and thank you so very much! Sorry I didn't get this while I was on the road, but I'll get started on that homework today! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, happy fingers make typos--"Congratulations!" ^_^

      Delete

Thank you for reading, I do appreciate your thoughts and opinions =]